Saturday, August 2, 2014

Road Rally Part III

We toured Santa Fe this morning. The most striking part of this town is the uniformity of the buildings. Besides the Cathedrals all the buildings are brown stucco. We saw the Georgia O'Keefe Museum, St. Francis Cathedral, and the Spiral Staircase. 
There were tons of art gallery's and this was outside the one for the guy who draws for the Simpsons, Family Guy, and Looney Tunes.
Another art gallery. I think this one sold the work of the Lion King Creator (;0)
We went in another church, but didn't take a pic. The staircase is behind us (my mom didn't have her glasses on when she took this pic!)
We ate lunch and loaded back in the RV to head to Bandelier National Monument. I liked this one as much as Carlsbad. I thought we were going to see cliffs I had no idea we were going to see ancient pueblo people who lived in the cliffs. This was an agile brave group of people. I thought the ladders were replicas of what the ancient plus low used, but Jewles and my mom think they just scaled the walls freestyle. Either way that's Really living life on the edge!
Look at Brannon's face! That's the face of a two year old who's wishing his strong DaDa was there to carry him:0)
There was another dwelling .5 a mile away that I ran ahead to see. I'm glad B didn't come. Half a mile is really far! And it was really high up there (140ft!)
Look really close and you can see one of the rails of the stairs I climbed.
Mace patiently waited it out at the bottom!
We've stopped for the night in Ruidoso and will explore the town tomorrow. Then head toward Dallas to pick up our cousins!









No comments:

Post a Comment